Love the skin you’re in.
I often receive questions on how I keep my skin looking healthy and radiant so today I am sharing my top tips for achieving a luminous complexion and a list of a few of my favourite “glow-to” services and products (and deals).
- The number one “secret” I use to achieve great-looking skin, is to eat a nutrient rich clean diet. This means anything straight from the Earth: fruits and vegetables, whole grains, nuts, seeds and beans. For my fast paced lifestyle, I also swear by drinking green juice and smoothies every day. These foods and drinks contain antioxidants that are beneficial for your skin. In particular Vitamins A, C, E, and the Mineral Zinc are important to eat daily adequate amounts of, for beautiful-looking skin. Many delicious foods contain these nutritional skin goodies.
Foods high in Vitamin A: carrots, sweet potatoes, kale, turnip greens, winter squash, collard greens, swiss chard, bell peppers.
Foods high in Vitamin C: citrus fruits, broccoli, parsley, tomatoes, papayas, mangoes, peppers, potatoes, kiwis, brussel sprouts, strawberries, cantaloupes, cauliflower.
Foods high in Vitamin E: wheat germ oil, almonds, sunflower seeds, hazelnuts, peanuts, spinach, broccoli, kiwis, mangoes, olives, papayas, swiss chard.
Foods high in Zinc: sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, green peas, shrimp, crimini mushrooms, chickpeas, baked beans.
- I also take vitamins and supplements everyday to ensure I am taking in the daily recommended requirements. I also consume turmeric in either a capsule or shot (spice mixed with water) form.
- I cannot stress enough the importance of drinking an adequate amount of water daily for glowing skin. I love adding fresh lemon with mint or cucumber for a refreshing bevvy. The extra antioxidants from any herbs and foods are a bonus. I also enjoy drinking green tea throughout the day, especially Matcha. The water hydrates my skin, while the green tea is loaded with antioxidants. Antioxidants are so vital in having beautiful skin is because they help to prevent and repair damage done to your skin by free radicals.
- I also try to relax and to get as much sleep as I can as stress and a lack of sleep can contribute to poor skin. This isn’t always the easiest to do with a busy schedule but it is worth it as works wonders for radiant skin.
- I perform my daily skin care routine religiously. This routine includes washing, toning, and moisturizing my skin. I also use special treatments on my skin when needed. I exfoliate a few times a week, and like to do a deep cleansing herbal or mud face mask once a week. There are many face mask recipes you can make at home as well. For those of you who prefer additional papering; there are also many spas and skin clinics that offer all-natural treatments.
- I also use mineral based make-up that is kind to my skin. And off course, I always wear sunscreen on my face every day. Thank you to Granny Ross for that nugget of wisdom given to me at an early age.
- Another helpful tip for having great-looking skin: I NEVER EVER GO TO BED WITHOUT WASHING MY MAKE-UP OFF. The amount of dirt and bacteria that would accumulate over-night on an unwashed face is just scary, so do yourself a favor and take the extra two minutes to wash your face. I prefer to use an all natural soap or cleanser to do the trick.
- And finally one of my favourite ways to get your glow on is to exercise. Breaking a sweat however you prefer to do so, will make your skin radiate.
If you seem to be having serious issues with your skin, you can always pay a visit to a dermatologist or skin clinic.
And now for my go-to glow list! Here are 10 of my favourite products and services (with a few deals) that help me shine my brightest:
- Organifi single packets of superfood greens powder (discount code “Mandy” for 15% off)
- Fresh juice from Commodity Juicery – Mighty Greens
- EntireTea Green Matcha powder (discount code “Mandy” for 15% off)
- Anima Mundi Herbal Products via Yogi Surprise (click HERE for 15% off YS boxes)
- Becca Cosmetics Highlighter in Champagne Pop
- Sudsatorium Soap
- Chelle Refining Sugar Cleasnser via Yogi Surprise (click HERE for 15% off YS boxes)
- Vampire Facial at Beauty Bar Medical Clinic (Eglinton)
- Beyond Organic Biodynamic Facial at Luxe Beauty Lounge and Spa
- Hydrafacial at White Orchid Rejuvenation Centre
Wishing you healthy, beautiful skin!